Democrats and the labor movement have so much in common. We both believe that you should have a voice at work and in our society. We both believe you deserve meaningful work with good pay and benefits. And we both have worked for decades to make this vision a reality.
From the Flint Sit-Down Strike of the 1930s to today’s unionization efforts at Starbucks, Chipotle, Amazon, and other corporations, labor and the Democratic Party have worked hand in hand to build power for working people. If you only work 40 hours per week, get paid for overtime, feel safe at work, or enjoy good benefits, you can thank unions and Democrats.
We are proud to introduce the Labor/Educator Caucus as the first constituency caucus of the Kent County Democratic Party. The mission of the Labor/Educator Caucus is:
- To inform the public, candidates, and officeholders about the needs and expectations of union workers.
- To educate our members on the candidates and issues in upcoming elections.
- To rally union members in support of candidates, issues, and events beneficial to working people.
- To help grow union membership and leadership.
- To facilitate the sharing of information between different labor organizations.
- To advance labor’s voice and power within the party.
- And to strive to ensure that the party and candidates keep their promises to unions and act in the best interests of organized labor and all working-class people.
We welcome both union members and other interested Democrats to join our meetings at Kent Dems HQ – 301 Fuller Avenue NE, Grand Rapids Michigan, 49503
Labor-Educator Caucus Meetings
4th Thursday of the month
Dinner provided – 5:00-5:30 PM
Meeting – 5:30-6:30 PM
Kent Dems County Committee Meetings
2nd Wednesday of the month
Meeting 7:00-8:30 PM
Or join virtually via Zoom
Questions? Contact us at KentDemsLaborEducatorCaucus@gmail.com or call 616-406-1573.